Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Medium Rare, Hold the Ecoli

I'll admit here that I probably have an above normal fear of contracting ecoli.  When ordering beef in a restaurant I ensure that the chef checks the temperature to make sure it reaches the minimum temp for killing ecoli.

This concern of mine is another quirk that the Stud Muffin (my husband) finds absurd.  Well, when he is peeing through his ass and puking like that chick in the exorcist because he ate undercooked meat, we shall see who laughs last.

We love to grill in the backyard.  I bought the Stud Muffin a special meat thermometer just for making sure any ecoli gets killed.  One warm summer day Stud Muffin went into the house to use the facilities.  Upon his return I nicely, and in a non-accusative tone asked him,

Me:  "Honey did you wash your hands"


Stud Muffin:  "Yes Honey, right after I wiped my ass with the steaks".

Despite his sarcasm I still made sure he used the meat thermometer.

No comments: