Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mold Ain't Gold

My college attending daughter Double D does the laundry at our house. Because of this we don't make her pay rent, which I think is mighty white of us.

Despite the fact that we have purchased enough towels to open our own hotel, there is a constant lack of clean towels in my bathroom.  It has gotten so bad I've considered that she may be selling our towels out of the trunk of her car.  To add insult to injury, the towels I do end up with often smell like they have been used as a testing ground for mold spores.

This conversation took place when I was at my wits end on this towel issue with her and was suffering from PMS.

Me: "What the HELL is going on with the towels?  I'm tired of drying off and smelling like skunk ass!"


Double D: "Well, LaLa (LaLa is my sister) says that sometimes the problem can be with the washer."


Me: "Double D the laundry doesn't smell when I wash it.  I'm not asking you to cure fucking cancer!  I'm asking for a clean towel!"


For the record, we still have a shortage of clean towels, and I'm considering making Double D pay rent.

No comments: