Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wasn't Me

Phone conversations with my mother are never a simple, uninterrupted task on her end.  The woman lives down the street from me and doesn't fail to call me less than 6-7 times a day for one thing or another, providing much fodder for my blog here.

Tonight's conversation:

Me: "Hey are you around tomorrow?"


My Mother: "I have a Doctor's appointment in the afternoon. What are you doing?"


Me: "Besides work I have to head to..." (then she interrupts me)


My Mother: "WHO SHIT ON THE FLOOR?" (loudly)


My step-dad who I can hear in the background: "It wasn't me."


My Mother: "Dammit Lee-Ling I'm gonna choke you!"

Lee-Ling is my mother's deaf Chihuahua whom we suspect she loves more than my sister and I.  Her threats are empty but, hysterical nonetheless.

No comments: