Friday, December 10, 2010

He Didn't Cure Cancer?

To appreciate this post you have to understand that my son Big J is the youngest of three, making him my baby.  I'll admit that I'm more than guilty of over mothering him or "treating him like a baby" as my older girls say.

If you have read my earlier posts you have probably figured out that the sun rises and sets on my son as far as I'm concerned.

Tonight he made his own dinner, cod nuggets in the convection oven.

Me (very enthusiastically): "Big J I'm so proud of you!  Look what you did today, you made your own breakfast, packed your own lunch and made your own dinner!!!!"


Big J: "Mom I made fish sticks I didn't cure cancer."

What makes this more amusing is that I'm always saying to my older girls "you cleaned the bathroom you didn't cure cancer, you didn't cure cancer you did your own dishes" etc.  I guess he listens and is amazingly humble considering how I see treat him like the chosen one.

No comments: